Wade Foster is the co-founder of Y-Combinator startup Zapier. Zapier lets SaaS users create integrations that push data between hundreds of best-in-breed web applications without having to write any code or wrangle APIs.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- [00:55] What does Wade do on a daily basis at Zapier?
- [01:30] What changes when you scale up a company?
- [03:00] How to adjust to a new role in your company?
- [04:20] What was surprising to Wade as he grew Zapier?
- [05:20] How Wade learns more from others and less from his own mistakes?
- [06:30] Why did Wade get a CEO coach?
- [09:20] What is Wade working on with his coach?
- [11:40] How to implement hard changes in a company?
- [12:45] How “don’t hire ’till it hurts” philosophy evolved at Zapier?
- [14:15] How to prioritize what positions to hire for?
- [17:45] Who was Wade’s first VP hire?
- [18:58] How does Wade approach marketing?
- [21:00] What is Zapier’s top marketing channel?
- [23:25] How did Zapier form its first partnership?