Peter Shallard, the Shrink for Entrepreneurs, is a renowned business psychology expert and therapist gone renegade. He works with all types of entrepreneurs around the globe as those people strive to reach greater goals of wealth, freedom and social impact.
Peter is obsessed with the pursuit of for-profit business that simultaneously makes a positive change in the world. Helping entrepreneurs create such businesses is his mission.
Through application of highly effective psychological models, he help entrepreneurs master the psychology of reaching their goals of success faster. Better. More effectively, and with more impact and results.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- [01:00] Big psychological struggles entrepreneurs are going through?
- [03:22] What burden does entrepreneurship come with?
- [05:30] About physical isolation in entrepreneurship
- [06:20] How is Peter trying to solve the lack of accountability issue?
- [07:10] Why the situation will get worse?
- [08:10] Why entrepreneurs love to play the game of comparison?
- [10:30] Why everything seems easier for entrepreneurial superstars like Elon Musk?
- [11:30] Why is entrepreneurship fundamentally lonely and what to do about it?
- [12:30] How to always be able to mentally motivate your team?
- [14:35] How to figure out the growth driving activities?
- [22:20] What are the psychological changes from starting your business to 5 years down the road?
- [26:00] Why is it psychologically attractive to leave the state of informed pessimism?
- [27:30] Biggest problems for more established entrepreneurs?
Podcast production done by BrandedPod.
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to the Digital Agency Marketing Podcast on iTunes and leave us a review for the show.