One wildly underutilized channel for driving a bunch of leads and a bunch of new business to agencies is meetups.
Eugene Yee built Meetup’s Messaging platform on iOS, allowing members to extend their Meetup experience beyond face-to-face encounters. This feature also increased Meetup’s average user session length by 28%.
In 8 weeks, he wrote the on-boarding flow, which provides a fun, informative experience for new users to register for Meetup, and join groups quickly and easily. This feature helped increase their group-joins by 60%, and app downloads by 16%. Eugene is now Master Software Engineer at Capital One.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- how Alex influenced Eugene to start his meetup?
- how did Eugene frame his meetup?
- how to structure a meetup?
- how to find a venue?
- how to get free pizza for an event?
- what if nobody shows up at your first meetup?
- how to remember the people you meet at the meetup?
- why ‘I don’t have enough time for a meetup’ is an excuse?
- how to promote a meetup?
Find Eugene here:
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to the Digital Agency Marketing Podcast on iTunes and leave us a review for the show.
Take part in the CONTEST we put together to celebrate the launch of this podcast. It’s a contest where you can’t lose. You will get something, it’s just a matter of how much stuff you’ll actually win. Click here to enter. Just for entering you will get a surprise everyone else has to pay for. You can’t lose!