Ryan Kulp is the founder of Fomo, a social proof marketing platform that showcases recent customer behaviors to increase conversions and turn your website into the thriving piece of real estate it is. He’s also a full-time indie rock musician, whose new album South of Market debuted April 2017.
In this episode you'll learn:
- [00:40] How did Ryan come up with an elevator pitch for Fomo?
- [01:30] Origin story of Fomo
- [02:40] What does Fomo do?
- [03:03] Why did Ryan decide to rebuild the software after buying it instead of building it from scratch?
- [04:50] Ryan's history with the agency world - how did the 6 months prior to buying the software look like
- [11:15] Ryan's preference between running an agency or creating SaaS based product
- [16:14] What did the acquisition process of Fomo look like?
- [22:30] How did Ryan finance the deal?
- [24:30] How to approach something you haven't done before?
- [26:15] How long did it take for Fomo to get profitable?
Podcast production done by BrandedPod.
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to the Digital Agency Marketing Podcast on iTunes and leave us a review for the show.