Brian Casel is an entrepreneur, focused on bootstrapping online businesses that combine software with productized services.
Since starting his self-employed career as a professional freelance web designer back in 2008, he built and later sold a web design/SaaS business in 2015. He now runs Audience Ops, a content marketing service focused on helping B2B software companies grow their audience and customer-base.
In addition, he writes and teaches about entrepreneurship and freelancing through his blog and newsletter at casjam.com. He creates and sells courses and eBooks there, most notably his course, Productize, which teaches consultants how to build, launch, and grow a productized service business.
In this episode you'll learn:
- [01:08] Why and how did Brian switch from an agency to a product focused business?
- [03:00] What does Brian mean when he says he runs an 'anti-agency'?
- [03:37] How does the sales process change when you're a freelancer to when you're running a B2B productized service company?
- [04:54] How to come up with a productized service offering?
- [07:38] How did Brian test out his idea before launching it?
- [09:30] Why is Brian's productized offering almost the same as it was 2 years ago?
- [11:27] How to package and sell your services?
- [14:40] What broke while Brian was scaling his company and how he fixed it?
- [17:44] What were some of the communication issues Brian had with his clients and how he fixed it?
- [20:40] You shouldn't fear the onboarding process
- [22:10] Brian's top 3 lead generation channels
- [24:16] How did Brian sell his business in 2015?
- CasJam.com - Brian's Website
- Productized course
- Productize Podcast
- Bootstrapped Web Podcast
- Audience Ops
Podcast production done by BrandedPod.
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to the Digital Agency Marketing Podcast on iTunes and leave us a review for the show.