Ben Parr is an author, technologist, investor, journalist, entrepreneur, and expert on growth and attention. He's the author of "Captivology: The Science of Capturing People’s Attention", published in 2015 by HarperCollins. His book dives into the science and psychology of attention and how anyone can capture attention for their projects or ideas.
He's a CMO and co-founder of Octane AI - the easiest way to create a bot, drive sales, capture leads, and increase engagement on your Facebook Page. He also started an early-stage venture fund called DominateFund and The Parr Group, a consulting and advisory on the topics of technology, marketing, media, and growth. He advised top brands like Lufthansa Airlines and others on growth, attention and marketing.
Previously, he was a Co-Editor and Editor-at-Large of Mashable, where he opened Mashable's west coast office and wrote more than 2,400 articles on the business and cultural impact of technology. He was also named one of Forbes’ 30 Under 30.
In this episode you'll learn:
- [01:00] What does Octane AI do?
- [02:00] How do you get Maroon 5 as a client?
- [03:40] How do bots interact with your audience?
- [04:55] What does a CMO of a chat bot startup do?
- [05:55] What is the main user acquisition channel for a B2B SaaS app?
- [07:20] Biggest problem Octane AI is tackling as a business at the moment?
- [09:20] How to build a dream team after you're funded?
- [12:00] Why is Ben involved with Octane AI?
- [13:20] How has Ben evolved in his journey with Octane AI?
- [14:50] How to manage a remote team?
- [15:30] How do you get your team to a point where they're ready to pick their own things to do?
- [17:11] How to set metrics and goals?
- [18:40] 3 things you need to do as a founder in the long run
- [19:40] How to create a vision for the company?
- [20:30] Recruiting process at Octane AI
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to the Digital Agency Marketing Podcast on iTunes and leave us a review for the show.