Aaron Ross is the #1 best-selling author of “Predictable Revenue: Turn Your Business Into A Sales Machine With The $100 Million Best Practices Of Salesforce.com” (called the “Sales Bible of Silicon Valley”). He cofounded PredictableRevenue.com, a software & consulting company that accelerates outbound sales, based on the Cold Calling 2.0 outbound process that added $100M+ in extra revenue at Salesforce.com. He graduated from Stanford University, lives in Los Angeles with his wife and nine children, and (usually, but not always) keeps a 25-30 hour workweek. His latest book, with Jason Lemkin, is “From Impossible To Inevitable: How Hyper-Growth Companies Create Predictable Revenue” details the hypergrowth playbook of companies like Zenefits ($1 million to $100 million in two years), EchoSign ($0 to $144 million in seven years and acquired by Adobe), and obviously Salesforce.com, now the fastest growing multibillion dollar software company.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- [02:50] What’s Aaron’s approach to teaching cold email?
- [04:40] What does Predictable Revenue consultancy do?
- [08:30] How to tackle the pain of niching down?
- [10:40] What are the advantages of starting a consultancy?
- [12:55] How did Aaron end up in sales consulting?
- [15:45] How did Aaron learn to optimize outbound projects?
- [17:10] 2 reasons why companies struggle
- [20:10] What did Aaron write “From Impossible To Inevitable”?
- [21:20] What were Aaron’s first hires when he was scaling his own agency?
- [24:14] How does Aaron manage his CEO?